Sunday, December 4, 2016

Giving Ikea Furniture a New Look with Chalk Paint Autentico


After using Fleur Paint for my baby girl furniture, I decided to paint the Ikea Hemnes Nightstand. It was a black-Brown table that we used in the living room next to the sofa. We had just changed most of the living room furniture from dark brown to white and some kind of grey...  So that table needed to be painted.

I decided to try Autentico chalk paint, because they will send me by mail six paint samples. So I asked for my samples and then I made my online order.

The paint I used for this Ikea table was Elephant Grey on the top and Antique White and finnished it up with a dark wax.


Here a close view:

It was great working with this chalk paint, after this we (my four year old boy and I) used it to paint several frames.

Love,


2 comments:

  1. I love how this turned out. I want to paint an ikea table and was wondering did you sand the furniture first? Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete