Friday, November 18, 2016

Zafu


When being with kids, we end up sitting on the floor. Sometimes to read them a book, sometimes to play.  During one of those times, I thought, I need a cushion to seat on... This, together with the fact that my son tends to sit a lot in "W position" (not recommended), made me think of buying a zafu. But of course, why buy it when you can make it.

So I bought some upholstery fabric from the sale section and I made three zafus filled with spelt husks (hulls).


I made them with  a carrying handle. 


They have a zippered removable cover to allow easy cleaning. After all, they are going to be all over the floor. 


Up to now, my kids are using them every day. To read, to play with dolls, to watch the theater, as a circuit to jump from one zafu to the next one....
 
  

         

Now, I need to start using them to meditate ;-)

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment